Hi Guys! If you are using Redmi Note 4 and having difficulty in getting some simple methods to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 or 4X, then do not worry! Here, we will show you a three step process to root your Redmi Note 4 or 4X. As both the Redmi Note 4 and 4X are similar phones with the similar codename, i.e., Mido, this process is relevant for both the phones. By rooting your phones, you get various benefits like you may flash conventional ROMs, take away bloatware and personalize your phone to a certain level that was not at all possible earlier.
Before we initiate, ensure you have opened the Bootloader of your phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 or 4X. Opening the Bootloader is needed; you are not able to root a Xiaomi Phone without opening it.
We will take care of things that we make use of simple words as well as terms, so that you do not countenance any problems in the rooting procedure. So, let us proceed with the method to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 or 4X.
- Redmi Note 4 or 4X with an opened Bootloader
- A Computer or Laptop
- Developer Alternatives Facilitated in Settings (Tap Build digit in About Phone in Settings section seven times)
Opening the Bootloader is necessary before initiating the rooting procedure. Follow these instructions to open the Bootloader:
Make a note of that getting the Unlocking or Opening Permissions from Xiaomi could take some days and you will further require waiting for some days before you can in fact start this procedure otherwise you may obtain a Bootloader Opening error at fifty percent at the Mi Unlock Tool. Though there is no shortcut for the similar; Bootloader unlocking is essential before you root a Mi Device.
You will need a system while opening the Bootloader or flashing TWRP recovery. You may root your phone without a system anytime by flashing or alternating the SuperSu.zip file.
Procedure to Root Redmi Note 4:
For rooting Redmi Note 4 or 4X, we need to go through with these three steps:
- Download required files
- Flash TWRP Recovery
- Flash SuperSu
A. Download required files:
TWRP Recovery file: twrp-3.1.0-0-mido.img
SuperSU file: Download SuperSu v2.79 (Latest)
You need to download these two files on your system and then shift the SuperSu.zip file on your mobile’s Inner Storage or SD Card. Maintain the TWRP img file on your PC or Laptop as we will require PC when flashing the TWRP Recovery on our device.
B. Flash TWRP recovery:
- Open command prompt from the place you have downloaded the TWRP recovery. You can do it by pressing Shift + Right Mouse Click to Open Command Window (You can otherwise open the Change Directory command on the cmd to shift to the folder where you have downloaded the TWRP recovery).
- After unlocking the command prompt, just type: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.0-0-mido.img
- This step will explode the recovery.
- fter successfully flashing TWRP, key in the command prompt: fastboot boot twrp-3.1.0-0-mido.img
- This step will help you in booting your device into the recovery process.
- So, now you have effectively flashed or installed and booted TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Note 4 or 4X device.
C. Flash SuperSu:
- Shift the SuperSu.zip file in the Inner Storage of your Redmi Note 4 or 4X device.
- Boot your device into the TWRP Recovery and Press the set up for Zip Button.
- Now, find the way to the place where you have downloaded the SuperSu.zip file.
- Now, you have to choose the SuperSu.zip file and then move right to verify Flash. This will flash SuperSu on your device and thus it will root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 or 4X device.
- After flashing method is completed, reboot your device and verify if your device is effectively rooted or not.
You can download any Root Verifier App from the Play Store to verify even if you were doing well in rooting your phone or not.
Also Read: How to root Redmi 3s prime
Rooting your phone has the prospective threat of blocking your device. Ensure you go after the guidelines cautiously and do not create any mistakes.
That’s all for this tutorial. I hope it assisted well you in the rooting procedure.